Have you ever thought about making your K-9 kid summertime ice cream to help him beat the heat? If so, here's your chance!
I’d like to share some simple ways to whip up frozen and healthy dog treats for your dog. You probably think dog ice cream is difficult to make. Not true! I’m going to prove that frozen treats are cheap and super easy to make.
So what do you need to get started? First you need a base. Yogurt is my favorite to use for frozen dog treats. Consider using non-fat yogurt or Greek yogurt, which is healthier and contains more protein. Another base you can use is chicken or beef broth. Make sure you’re using low-sodium broth in your recipes if you choose that route. Once you’ve got your base, decide on a fruit or a combination of a few different kinds. Now that you’ve got your ingredients prepared, you’ve just got to follow the steps below. I’m going to describe the process of making delicious and refreshing strawberry ice cream dog treats since those are a favorite in my household.
Frozen Ice Cream Dog Treat Recipe:
- Start with 32 ounces of plain yogurt and 1 cup fresh strawberries or other dog-safe fruit.
- Wash your strawberries and cut off the greens.
- Take out your blender and add the yogurt and strawberries.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays and place in freezer.
- Allow for the mixture to freeze before serving.
Voila, you just made dog-safe ice cream treats! I now leave you with this–an adorable video of two dogs sharing an ice cream cone.